LeSo©
Welcome to Lego Society©️ (LeSo©️)!
If you're a member, sign in.
If you're a guest, we encourage you to register, we'd love to have you! All advertisements will be gone once you register and sign in, and there's a whole other part of the forum for members only. Join now!
LeSo©
Welcome to Lego Society©️ (LeSo©️)!
If you're a member, sign in.
If you're a guest, we encourage you to register, we'd love to have you! All advertisements will be gone once you register and sign in, and there's a whole other part of the forum for members only. Join now!
LeSo©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeSo©

Proud sponsor of the MLN Solutions - My LEGO Network® fan site.

HomeCentralLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thanks to the Staff!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

Thanks to the Staff! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:31 pm

The jobs of Global mod, Local Mod, and Admin on a non-profit site are such unthanked jobs. You all work so hard but barely even get an occinal thank-you. So many thanks to: ©️rux, wertquuuu500, zac11th, Brickerson, Bricksaber07, and Walter313!
Back to top Go down
c♪ux
Administrator
Administrator
c♪ux

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 am

Wow, I so agree!!! jk lol Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Brickerson

Brickerson

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:54 am

Thanks a lot, girl! This is an honor! Smile

ahem...girl dude...she's...a...girl...dude...lol ~ Crux
Back to top Go down
Walter313
Administrator
Administrator
Walter313

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:12 am

Thank you JLU! It's an honor to be honored!
Back to top Go down
http://lu.smfforfree4.com
Brickerson

Brickerson

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 am

Brickerson wrote:
Thanks a lot, girl! This is an honor! Smile

ahem...girl dude...she's...a...girl...dude...lol ~ Crux

Well, I just say "man" as a slang adjective... Look it up... It's urban dictionary...
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:17 pm

No, no, no, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Walter313
Administrator
Administrator
Walter313

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:53 am

Thanks again for the warm congrats, JLU!
Back to top Go down
http://lu.smfforfree4.com
Angel

PostSubject: India. Among these are the tiger   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:44 am

Indo-malay Islands. Of Carnivora, thirty-three species are known from the Indo-Malay region, of which about eight are found also in Burmah and India. Among these are the tiger, leopard, a tigercat, civet, and otter while out of the twenty genera of Malayan Carnivora, thirteen are represented in India by more or less closely allied species. As an example, the Malayan bear is represented in North India by the Thibetan bear, both of which animals may be seen alive at the Zoological Society's Gardens. The hoofed animals are twenty-two in number, of which about seven tiffany outlet extend into Burmah and India. All the deer are of peculiar species except two, which range from Malacca into India.
Of the cattle, one Indian species reaches Malacca, while the Bos sondiacus of Java and Borneo is also found in Siam and Burmah. A goat-like animal is found in Sumatra which has its representative in India while the two Marc Jacobs horned rhinoceros of Sumatra and the single-horned species of Java, long supposed to be peculiar to Tiffany and co outlet these islands, are now both ascertained to exist in Burmah, Pegu, and Moulmein. The elephant of Sumatra, Borneo, and Malacca is now considered to be identical with that of Ceylon and India. In all other groups of Mammalia the same general phenomena recur. A few species are identical with those of India.
A much larger number are tiffany and co closely allied or representative forms, while there are always a small number of peculiar genera, consisting of animals unlike those -found in any other part of the world. There are about fifty bats, of which less than one-fourth tiffany outlet are Indian species thirty-four Rodents (squirrels, rats, etc.), of which six Marc jacobs outlet or eight only are Indian and ten Insectivora, with one exception peculiar to the Malay region. The squirrels are very abundant and characteristic, only two species out of twenty-five extending into Siam and Burmah. The Tupaias are curious insect-eaters, which closely resemble squirrels, and are almost confined to the Malay Islands, as are the small feather-tailed Ptilocerus lowii of Borneo, and the curious long-snouted and naked-tailed Gymnurus rafflesii.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: complete knowledge   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:51 am

With Marc Jacobs land animals, however, the case is very different. Their means of passing a wide expanse of sea are far more restricted. Their distribution has been more accurately studied, and we possess a much more complete knowledge of such groups as mammals and birds in most of the islands than we do tiffany and co of the plants. It is these two classes which will supply us with most of our facts as to the geographical distribution of organized beings in this region. The number of Mammalia known to inhabit the Indo-Malay region tiffany outlet is very considerable, exceeding 170 species.
With the Marc jacobs outlet exception of the bats, none of these have any regular means of passing arms of the sea many miles in extent, and a consideration of their distribution must therefore greatly assist us in determining whether these islands have ever been connected with each other or with the continent since the epoch of existing species. The Quadrumana, or monkey tribe, form one of the most characteristic features of this region. Twenty-four distinct species are known to inhabit it, and these are distributed with tolerable uniformity over the islands, nine being found in Java, ten in the Malay Peninsula, eleven in Sumatra, and thirteen in Borneo.
The great man-like orang-utans are found only in Sumatra and Borneo the curious siamang (next to them in size) in Sumatra and Malacca the longnosed monkey only in Borneo while every island has representatives of tiffany outlet the Gibbons, or long-armed apes, and of. monkeys. The lemur-like animals, Nycticebus, Tarsius, and Galeopithecus, are found in all the islands. Seven species found on the Malay Peninsula extend also into Sumatra, four into Borneo, and three into Java while two range into Siam and Burmah, and one into North India. With the exception of the orang-utan, the siamang, the Tarsius spectrum, and the Galeopithecus, all the Malayan genera of Quadrumana are represented in India by Tiffany and co outlet closely allied species, although, owing to the limited range of most of these animals, so.few are absolutely identical.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: abundant, and the genus Grammatophyllum a gigantic epiphytal orchid, whose   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:52 am

Among the more characteristic forms of this flora are the rattans climbing palms of the genus Calamus, and a great variety of tall, as well as stemless palms. Orchids, Araceoe, Zinziberacese, and ferns are especially abundant, and the genus Grammatophyllum a gigantic epiphytal orchid, whose clusters of leaves and flower-stems are ten or twelve feet long is peculiar to it. Here, too, is the domain of the wonderful pitcher-plants (Nepenthaceae), which are only represented elsewhere by solitary species in Ceylon, Madagascar, the Seychelles, Celebes, and the Moluccas. Those celebrated fruits, the mangosteen and the durion, are natives of this region, and will hardly grow out of the Archipelago. The mountain plants of Java have already been alluded to as showing a former Indo-malay Islands.
connection with the Tiffany and co outlet continent of Asia and a still more extraordinary and more ancient connection with Australia has been indicated by Mr. Low's collections from the summit of Kini-balou, the loftiest mountain in Borneo. Plants have much greater facilities for passing across arms of the sea than animals. The lighter seeds are easily carried by the winds, and many of them are specially adapted to be so carried. Others can float a long time unhurt in the water, and are drifted by winds and currents to distant shores. Pigeons, and tiffany outlet other fruit-eating birds, are also the means of distributing plants, since the seeds readily germinate after passing through their bodies.
tiffany and co It thus happens that plants which grow on shores and lowlands have a Marc Jacobs wide distribution, and it requires an extensive knowledge of the species of each island to determine the relations of their floras with any approach to accuracy. At present we have no such complete knowledge of the botany of the several islands of the Archipelago and it is only by such striking phenomena as the occurrence of northern and even Marc jacobs outlet European genera on the summits of the Javanese mountains that we tiffany outlet can prove the former connection of that island with the Asiatic continent.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: together with a young   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:52 am

In about an hour afterward, much to my surprise, a tremendous loud hoarse screaming was heard, and the bird was brought me, together with a young one which had been found in the hole. This was a most curious object, as large as a pigeon, but without a particle of plumage on any part of it. It was exceedingly plump and soft, and with a semi-transparent skin, so that it looked more like a bag of jelly, with head and feet stuck on, than like a real bird. The extraordinary habit.
of the male in plastering up the female Tiffany and co outlet with her egg and feeding her during the whole time of incubation, and till the young one is fledged, is common to several of the large hornbills, and is one of those strange facts in natural history which are " stranger than fiction." tiffany outlet In the first chapter of this work I have stated generally the reasons which lead us to conclude that the large islands in the western Marc jacobs outlet portion of the Archipelago Java, Sumatra, and Borneo as well as the Malay Peninsula and the Philippine Islands, have been recently separated from the continent of Asia.
I now propose to give a sketch of the natural history of these, which Marc Jacobs I term the Indo-Malay Islands, and to ehow how far it stlpports this view, and how much information it is able to give us of the antiquity and origin of the separate islands. The flora of tiffany and co the Archipelago is at present so imperfectly known, and I have myself paid so little attention to it, that I can not draw from it many facts of importance. The Malayan type of vegetation is however a very important one and Dr. Hooker informs us, tiffany outlet in his "Flora Indica," that it spreads over all the moister and more equable parts of India, and that many plants found in Ceylon, the Himalayas, the Nilghiri, and Khasia mountains are identical with those of Java and the Malay Peninsula.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: to which it seemed to form a transition. On the back, and extending over th   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:56 am

It is said to have only a single young one at a time, and my Marc Jacobs own observation confirms this statement, for I once shot a female, with a very small blind and naked little creature cling King closely to its tiffany and co breast, which was quite bare and much wrinkled, reminding me of the young of Marsupials, to which it seemed to form a transition. On the back, and extending over the limbs and membrane, the fur of these animals is short, but exquisitely soft, resembling in its texture that of the chinchilla.
I returned to Palembang by water, and while staying a day at Marc jacobs outlet a village while a boat was being made water-tight, I had the good-fortune to obtain a male, female, and young bird of one of the large hornbills. I had sent my hunters to shoot, and while I was at breakfast they returned, bringing me a fine large male, of the Buceros bicornis, which one of them assured me he had shot while feeding the female, which was shut up in a hole in a tree. I had often read of this curious habit, and immediately returned Tiffany and co outlet to the place, accompanied by several of the natives.
After crossing a stream and a bog, we found a large tree leaning over some water, and on its lower side, at a height of about twenty feet, appeared a small hole, and what looked like a quantity of mud, which I was assured had been used in stopping up the large hole. After a while we heard the harsh cry of a bird inside, and could see the tiffany outlet white extremity of its beak put out. I offered a rupee to any one who would tiffany outlet go up and get out the bird, with the egg or young one, but they all declared it was too difficult, and they were afraid to try. I therefore very reluctantly came away.
Back to top Go down
Angel

PostSubject: is the Galeojnthecus, or flying lemur. This creature has a   Thanks to the Staff! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:58 am

I obtained a tolerably perfect cranium and a number of teeth, which were picked up by the natives. Another curious animal, which I had met with in Singapore and in Borneo, but which was more abundant here, is the Galeojnthecus, or flying lemur. This creature has a broad membrane extending all round its body to the extremities of the toes, and to the point of the rather long tail. This enables it to pass obliquely through the air from one tree to another. It is sluggish in its motions, at least by day, going up a tree Marc Jacobs by short runs of a few feet, and then stopping a moment as if the action was difficult.
It rests during the day clinging to the trunks of trees, where its olive or brown fur, mottled with irregular whitish spots and blotches, resembles closely the color of mottled bark, and no doubt helps to protect it. Once, in tiffany outlet a bright twilight, I saw one of these animals run up a trunk in a rather open place, and then glide obliquely through the air to another tree, on which it alighted near its base, and immediately began to ascend. I paced tiffany and co the distance from the tiffany outlet one tree to the other, Marc jacobs outlet and found it to be Tiffany and co outlet seventy yards and the amount of descent I estimated at not more than thirty-five or forty feet, or less than one in five.
This I think proves that the animal must have some power of guiding itself through the air, otherwise in so long a distance it would have little chance of- alighting exactly upon the trunk. Like the Cuscus of the Moluccas, the Galeopithecus feeds chiefly on leaves, and possesses a very voluminous stomach and long convoluted intestines. The brain is very small, and the animal possesses such remarkable tenacity of life that it is exceedingly difficult to kill it by ordinary means. The tail is prehensile, and is probably made use of as an additional support while feeding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to the Staff!   Thanks to the Staff! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks to the Staff!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LeSo© :: Lego Society :: Lego Society General Discussion-
Jump to: