LeSo©
Welcome to Lego Society©️ (LeSo©️)!
If you're a member, sign in.
If you're a guest, we encourage you to register, we'd love to have you! All advertisements will be gone once you register and sign in, and there's a whole other part of the forum for members only. Join now!
LeSo©
Welcome to Lego Society©️ (LeSo©️)!
If you're a member, sign in.
If you're a guest, we encourage you to register, we'd love to have you! All advertisements will be gone once you register and sign in, and there's a whole other part of the forum for members only. Join now!
LeSo©
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LeSo©

Proud sponsor of the MLN Solutions - My LEGO Network® fan site.

HomeCentralLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gobal Warming Debate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roddy15

roddy15

Gobal Warming Debate Empty
PostSubject: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Right I thought of this so start debating I will put the opening point:

Yes its real alright but it has nothing really to do with humans.This "rise in temputure" has been happening over the past 100 years.This is natural effect but humans are making it happen faster .Yes the temputure is rising but only a very tiny amount each year.Yes the ice caps are melting and I have checked it out on google earth using a plug-in.Yes CO2 is making worse, yes the chopping down of trees in the Amazon is making it worse as well.If we take the ice age has an exmaple humans didn't do it, it was just nature, another example is the desert covered Europe (yes it did happen) once again not humans.So what I'm saying is its happening but its natural.Another problem is the solar activty of the Sun here is the thing about it:

Variations in solar output have been the cause of past climate changes, but solar forcing is generally thought to be too small to account for a significant part of global warming in recent decades.

Greenhouse gases and solar forcing affect temperatures in different ways. While both increased solar activity and increased greenhouse gases are expected to warm the troposphere, an increase in solar activity should warm the stratosphere while an increase in greenhouse gases should cool the stratosphere.Observations show that temperatures in the stratosphere have been cooling since 1979, when satellite measurements became available. Radiosonde (weather balloon) data from the pre-satellite era show cooling since 1958, though there is greater uncertainty in the early radiosonde record.

A related hypothesis, proposed by Henrik Svensmark, is that magnetic activity of the sun deflects cosmic rays that may influence the generation of cloud condensation nuclei and thereby affect the climate.Other research has found no relation between warming in recent decades and cosmic rays.A recent study concluded that the influence of cosmic rays on cloud cover is about a factor of 100 lower than needed to explain the observed changes in clouds or to be a significant contributor to present-day climate change.

Right so who doesn't agree
Back to top Go down
http://legofanclub.forumotion.net/forum.htm
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm

There is such a thing as global warming, in a way. But it has NOTHING to do with humans. It is entirely natural, and it is a warming/cooling cycal that happens once in a while. Even some super-global-warming 'scientists' are starting to admit that. About 10-12 years ago, they were saying that the 'Earth is getting so cold we'll have another Ice Age'.
BTW, the Ice Age was caused by the Great (Noah's) Flood, all the water cooled the ground, causing it to become very cold, snowy, and icy. Hence the Ice Age. Don't believe in Jesus or the Flood? Well, the evidence for God is all around, and just some of the evidence for the flood is in the Grand Canyon. They found FISH BONES. Lots of 'em.
But since this is the Global warming debate, I'll get back to my point. Global Warming is a political battle, not a scientific one. Exclamation It is a hoax, an excuse, made by the left to tax more people, more money. Mad E.G., the Cap n' Trade bill. For those of you not from the US, it is a bill they are still trying to pass, essenctly it is a tax on gas, cars(esspicaly 4X4s and trucks), and even breathing.
There is NO such thing as Man-Made Global Warming. It is a hoax to get people to pay more taxes!
That felt good.
Back to top Go down
c♪ux
Administrator
Administrator
c♪ux

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:23 am

Okay, one thing I have to say. I've done a TON of research on deforestation in the Amazon. The trees are growing back faster than they're being deforested. The farming and grazing is a huge factor in the 'deforestation', but note that it makes the ground better off for future trees to grow, healthier, bigger, stronger, and overall more useful.
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 am

@crux okay if you have done the resarch I think we can agree with that

@jlu i did say its natural and not only america is getting taxes on things that people need Ireland's gov. is bring in a WATER TAX they will charge us just for using the bath or drinking.Co2 is the ozone holes.Yes I agree that this stuff is natural and that its a cycel and about the ice age part yes the earth is over-due it
Back to top Go down
technoninja2008

technoninja2008

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 pm

lol! global warming is SOOOOO not real.Razz does anyone even have proof? it's been getting colder in fact, and Ive heard the glashers are growing.
Back to top Go down
c♪ux
Administrator
Administrator
c♪ux

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Roddy: W00T! Razz
Tech: Yes, but it's just the earth going through cycles which, as roddy pointed out, have been happening for years and years and years.
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:43 pm

technoninja2008 wrote:
lol! global warming is SOOOOO not real.Razz does anyone even have proof? it's been getting colder in fact, and Ive heard the glashers are growing.

thats the Antartic you are talking about becuase yes Antartic is getting colder nasa have found that out.Just found a chart for scientists on wiki showing humans are the second cause nature is the main
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:51 pm

But we've established it is not real.
@ roddy: That would be funny if it weren't true! A water tax. A breath tax. Whats next, a walking tax? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
c♪ux
Administrator
Administrator
c♪ux

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Well let's see, what affect does sweat have on the atmosphere? =P
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 am

no carbon Co2 thats the cause from humans
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Humans have nothing to do with it. It is a natural cycle.
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 am

Ok wait a sec I need to gather some facts here
Back to top Go down
c♪ux
Administrator
Administrator
c♪ux

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 pm

We'll die before you find FACTS. Razz jk lol
Back to top Go down
ToaHahli16

ToaHahli16

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Roddy, I will save you the trouble and just give you the facts.

Alright, I am studying to become a marine biologist, and have been involved in science since I was 4 years old. That was just so you know that I have some knowledge of this subject.

Now, for the good stuff. Man-made global warming became popular about twenty years ago among the scientific community. It was said that the "point of no return may be reached in 10 years*", and that it was mostly our fault. By "our" I mean the big, industrialized nations of the world, like the UK, the US, and France, ect. Oddly, no one blamed China.

Then, in November of '09, someone on the inside of the University of East Anglia leaked several emails between top global warming scientists in the US and the UK, one of which said that the evidence was toyed with to produce the right results on the charts.
(you can an article about it at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/science/earth/21climate.html )

Since then, NASA scientists have admitted that their global warming research was less reliable than the toyed with research at East Anglia! (See this article http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/science/earth/21climate.html )

Global warming, natural or manmade, is questionable. The earth does go through cycles, but our present cycle seems to be cooling, not warming.
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Ok yes i agree that they have been toyed with and they have been made OTT.I wonder why China didn't get a bit of the blame becuase they are making more factories
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:21 am

Thats 'cause they are a communist country.
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh its Germany all over again
Back to top Go down
JesusLovesU97

JesusLovesU97

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:48 pm

roddy15 wrote:
Oh its Germany all over again[.]
Nazi Germany. China. Only difference: the Jews. But that is a discussion all by itself, so let stay on topic.
Back to top Go down
roddy15

roddy15

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 pm

yeah BOT so anyone with something to say
Back to top Go down
c♪ux
Administrator
Administrator
c♪ux

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Hahli: Wow, compelling evidence. 80
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gobal Warming Debate   Gobal Warming Debate Empty

Back to top Go down

Gobal Warming Debate
Page 1 of 1